The “Hotel” page of this website mentioned some of the things you can do for entertainment onsite at the Red Rock. But if you want to get outside and see more of Nevada, there’s no shortage of exciting options.
You know about the Strip with all of its attractions and shows. But here are some more adventurous options:
- Hoover Dam (30 minutes from Las Vegas)
- Western Rim of the Grand Canyon (about 2 hours drive from Las Vegas)
- Helicopter excursions to the Grand Canyon
- Bootleg Canyon Flight Lines – a 2.5 hour zip line adventure with fabulous views – in Boulder City about 30 minutes from Las Vegas, near the Hoover Dam - free shuttle from the Strip
- Mount Charleston
- Pink Jeep Tours - different tour options for Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire, evening Strip tour
- Vegas OnBoard Tours - recommend setting up through the hotel concierge since they normally do not pick up from the Red Rock
Check for coupons at sites like http://Vegas4Locals.com. Some of the coupons there can only be used by Nevada residents, but those are clearly marked, and most of them can be used by anyone regardless of residence.